Monday, February 20, 2012

Fluidity


 Here is a painting in acrylic that I finished today. Apart from face-painting, I rarely get the paintbrush out, but since doing Painting and Drawing at the Faith and the Arts summer school in Poatina, Tasmania, I've really started to get back in to it! And I'm loving it, you can get so engrossed in painting in all the little details. But also I'd like to get a bit looser, paint with a bit more fluidity. I have ideas for other paintings, but I don't think I'm technically good enough yet to do the ideas justice. Well, that will come with practice, I'm sure...

6 comments:

crazylady said...

This is fun - I think it fits the "fluid" topic!

Cindy D. said...

Wow, this is really cool. Great job with the water and limited color palette. Such a great whale - is it a submarine of some kind? Really cool little rider, too. Looks pretty technically great to me!

Patti said...

nice. I like your mechanical whale. Keep painting!!!!

Anonymous said...

That's amazing! Looks great!

heidi aldin monteleone said...

Amazing painting, awesome idea. Don't worry you're technically good enough!

bcoops4 said...

Love the water! B.