Sunday, January 01, 2006

All is quiet on New Years Day...

New Years resolutions. Anybody ever keep them? It's usually just so much well intentioned wishful thinking. What would happen if I resolved to blog at least 5 times a week? It sounds like a fine idea, but I would let my avid reader down by breakfast time on Tuesday, and I don't even have the excuse of being too busy at work (on holidays) or have too many church commitments (all programs on a break right now).

I could take the easy way out and resolve to be more creative in my procrastination, but what I think is needed is not
resolution, but REVOLUTION! Not a superficial change, but a deep-seated re-working from the top down. Transformation. It's not something you can do by yourself. You need help.

Here's a little song I wrote... well, the lyrics anyway, I'm not so hot on tune-smithing!

Shake me,

I must be shaken,

Out of my complacent ways.

Wake me,

I must awaken,

to face the waste of lazy days.
-

Break me,

I must be broken,

to be rebuilt as per your plan.

Make me,

It will be spoken,

This child will grow to be your man.
-

My world revolves in tiny loops,

My eyes deceived by worldly dupes,

My diet consists of toothless soups,

I'm too soft to be of your troops.

The track I trek is rutted deep,

The steps I step are walked in sleep,

If you're a shepherd, well, I'm a sheep,

Help me find my way...
-

Take me,

I must be taken,

Just one step at a time,

Ache me,

I must be aching,

to live your life through mine.
-

Shake me, wake me

break me, make me

take me as I am.

I have naught to offer thee,

but I can be your man.


March 4, 2001



No comments: